Technology is a wonderful thing and it enhances our lives in numerous ways. Today, men and women embrace the technological advances and find that it helps the way they date. However, by embracing these technological advances, the way we date has changed and it feels like we depend on technology much more than perhaps we should.
Here are some do’s and don’ts for modern dating that every mature single who is getting back into dating should take note of.
- Go to dinner. Generally, a dinner date isn’t a good first date plan because it can be too long. These long meals tend to be too much pressure, both socially and financially, as it could easily get up to $100 or more. Instead of these dinner dates, opt to meet up for coffee or dessert, this way you can spend a good 30 minutes to an hour getting to know one another and seeing if there is any chemistry. If there isn’t, you can part ways without having wasted too much time or money. If there is chemistry, you can either make plans for a real date or go somewhere else afterward.
- Talk too much. It is a common belief that in order to be an effective communicator, you have to be a good talker, when in truth, you should be listening more than talking while on a date. You never want to be the person steering the conversation. Instead of talking about yourself, you will want to ask him questions that will require thought and more than a sentence as a response.
- Drink too much alcohol. Some people will tell you that drinking any alcohol while on the date is a no-no, we understand that you may need some liquid courage to take the edge off. We say it’s fine to have one or two drinks, but no more.
- Mind your manners and be considerate. You can always rack up quick brownie points by minding your manners and remembering how to be polite. These things never go out of style and your date will appreciate it.
- Look amazing. We all know that men are visual creatures and the easiest way to get their attention is to look amazing. You will want to wear clothing that accentuates your figure and makes you feel confident and beautiful. This confidence will translate into how you carry yourself, which will only enhance your beauty.
- Flirt like a teenage girl. Well, maybe not like a teenaged girl, but you should be willing to flirt girlishly. This means it is okay to giggle every now and then when he says something flirty or especially witty. Don’t be afraid to make eye contact every now and again and smile. You may not realize it, but these are things that encourage men to continue trying to impress you.
- Embrace your sex-appeal. Confidence and charisma are two qualities men adore in a woman and they only enhance her attractiveness in his eyes. When you show him that you are fun, confident, and drama-free, you are instantly a winner in his book.